Going Green In Resort
We train our teams in our resorts to reduce, reuse and recycle. We also try to ensure our team and chalets are within walking distance of each other and town centres as this further reduces emissions in resorts.
Chalets have the potential to waste a lot of resources unless tightly managed, so we use:
- Energy efficient bulbs where possible
- Install timer switches where practical
- Turn off lights when not needed
- Regulate heating of the water and the chalets so it is plentiful when needed, but not wasteful while our guests are out skiing
- Encourage guests to unplug mobile phone chargers and other electrical appliances when they are not in use.
Water is a valuable resource up in the mountains, so we encourage everyone not to waste it. Proactive measures that we have taken include:
- We have dual flush toilets
- High pressure showers wherever possible so that you can use just the amount of water you need, when you need it
- We also provide bottled water to take on the slopes with you, but encourage you to refill your bottle each day during your stay from the tap - after all, the water is made in the same factory as the Evian water you buy!
- We ask for our guests help in minimising unnecessary towel washing, and we use biodegradable washing powders in our chalets
- We recycle all paper, cardboard, glass and plastic bottles locally.
Our Food and wine...
We use locally sourced in-season food ingredients where possible and locally produced wines and make an active effort to minimise waste.
We ask for the support of our team, our partners and our guests to help us and inspire us in how we operate so please let us know if you have any ideas that you think could have a positive effect.
“ I would highly recommend Highlife - It's been far and above the best ski holiday I have ever had ”